It is extremely important that you are aware of your insurance coverage. There are many insurance plans with which we participate (see below for the complete list). However, many of these plans have variations, as well as multiple rules and regulations. These must be followed if you want your insurance plan to cover (pay for) services.
- Be aware of what is covered in your plan. Not all services are covered. The patient is responsible for any services not covered. You will be billed accordingly.
- Any and all co-pays/deductibles are due at the time of the office visit. We are required by the insurance company to collect the co-payment.
- Be aware if an insurance referral is needed from your primary care physician and how it should be obtained prior to your visit.
- Know if any pre-certification or approval is required from your insurance company for any lab work or procedure ordered by any one of our doctors.
- Know whether or not there is a specific laboratory where your lab work needs to be done. If this is the case with your insurance company, and you do not inform our office, you the patient, are responsible for the charges incurred.
- Know if there is a particular pharmacy from which you obtain your medications.
We will make every effort to help you with the above, but cannot guarantee that we will know every rule and regulation. Your cooperation is needed in order for us to serve your healthcare needs and ensure that you receive any and all insurance coverage to which you are entitled.
Complete List of Insurances We Participate In:
- Aetna Medicare
- Anthem – including Anthem MediBlue Value HMO & Exchange plans
- Connecticare – including Medicare Flex, Choice and Passage Plans & Exchange plans
- Empire BC/BS
- First Health – accepted by 2 of our physicians
- GHI – Multi Plan only
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Liberty Health
- Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare – including Medicare Solutions & Exchange plans
We Do NOT Participate In the Following Plans:
- Aetna Hartford Healthcare
- BSCS Rhode Island
- Empire Exchange Plan through Anthem – Exclusive Provider Organization
- Emblem Health including HIP, Care Management Company, GHI
- FidelisCare – New York Exchange
- Humana Medicare – with the exception of Humana PPO
- Liberty Healthshare
- MVP Healthcare Wellselect
- MVP Select Care
- Oxford Metro Network – NY
- Puerto Rico Medicare Advantage
- Well Care