So the doctor has told you that you need eye surgery. Here is some information that we hope you will find helpful.
Prior To Your Surgery:
- Make a pre-op appointment with your PCP and/or cardiologist to be cleared for surgery once our office confirms your surgery date.
- Arrange for a ride to and from the surgical center/hospital.
- You will be notified of your arrival time on the business day prior to your surgical date
- Do not eat or drink after midnight prior to your surgery (unless you were instructed otherwise). If you take morning meds, do so only with a sip of water.
On the Day of Your Surgery:
- You may shower and brush your teeth.
- Take your morning medication, if instructed.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not wear makeup.
- Leave jewelry, money and valuables at home.
- Wear a button down shirt, and loose comfortable clothing.
- Bring a personal ID and insurance card to the facility.
- Yale New Haven Hospital, York Street Campus: 20 York Street, New Haven, CT
- Yale New Haven Hospital, Temple Medical Center: 60 Temple Street, New Haven, CT
- Greenwich Hospital, Helmsley Surgical Center: 55 Holly Hill Lane, Greenwich, CT
- North East Alliance Surgery Center: 2080 Whitney Avenue, Hamden, CT
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Stamford Hospital
Face-Down Positioning Equipment
Some procedures require face-down positioning. Comfort Solutions rents face-down positioning equipment for a fee. If you are interested, please contact them.
Phone: (877) 470-3455
Should you have questions or difficulty getting an appointment with your primary doctor and/or cardiologist, please contact our surgical coordinator, Erica at (203) 288-2020 ext. 112.