Preparing for Your Retinal Surgery
So the doctor has told you that you need eye surgery. Here is some information that we hope you will find helpful.
Prior To Your Surgery:
- Make a pre-op appointment with your PCP and/or cardiologist to be cleared for surgery once our office confirms your surgery date.
- Arrange for a ride to and from the surgical center/hospital.
- You will be notified of your arrival time on the business day prior to your surgical date
- Do not eat or drink after midnight prior to your surgery (unless you were instructed otherwise). If you take morning meds, do so only with a sip of water.
On the Day of Your Surgery:
- You may shower and brush your teeth.
- Take your morning medication, if instructed.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not wear makeup.
- Leave jewelry, money and valuables at home.
- Wear a button down shirt, and loose comfortable clothing.
- Bring a personal ID and insurance card to the facility.
- Yale New Haven Hospital, York Street Campus: 20 York Street, New Haven, CT
- Yale New Haven Hospital, Temple Medical Center: 60 Temple Street, New Haven, CT
- Greenwich Hospital, Helmsley Surgical Center: 55 Holly Hill Lane, Greenwich, CT
- North East Alliance Surgery Center: 2080 Whitney Avenue, Hamden, CT
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Stamford Hospital
Face-Down Positioning Equipment
Some procedures require face-down positioning. Comfort Solutions rents face-down positioning equipment for a fee. If you are interested, please contact them.
Phone: (877) 470-3455
Should you have questions or difficulty getting an appointment with your primary doctor and/or cardiologist, please contact our surgical coordinator, Erica at (203) 288-2020 ext. 112.